What is Invader?
Invader is an open source, cross-platform modding toolkit for Halo: Combat Evolved as released by Gearbox on the PC. It is designed to take advantage of modern PCs that have 64-bit CPUs.
Below is a list of the tools included with Invader. For more information, such as usage, you can view the readme on GitHub.
- CLI program to archive tags used to build a map or tag
- CLI program to generate bitmap tags
- CLI program to build cache files
- CLI program to compress cache files
- CLI program for viewing the dependencies to tags
- GUI program for editing tags
- CLI program to convert tags from cache files into tags or extract raw data from tags
- CLI program for generating font tags from .ttf and .otf files
- CLI program for outputting the list of tags in a map file
- CLI program for viewing map metadata
- CLI program for renaming and moving tags without breaking references
- CLI program for generating resource maps
- CLI program for generating sound tags
- CLI program for removing pointers and other unnecessary data from tag files
- CLI program to generate string_list and unicode_string_list tags